Be sure to confirm any opening or start times with the place or event you may be going to. As, due to Coronavirus safety measures and changing restrictions, they may have different times than listed.
If you like this junior parkrun please rate it and leave a review. Is it the best Junior parkrun?
Junior parkrun is a free weekly and timed 2 km run, walk or jog for children from 4 to 14 years of age. Events are held every Sunday at 9 am in a park near you.
The course is at the Hartham common in Hertford where there is plenty of open space with paths & fields, There’s also a playground and a BMX track. The junior parkrun course is 2000m (2Km) long around the park.
It has been accurately measured by the volunteers with a professional measuring wheel. This course is run on a mixture of paths and grass. If it has rained some sections of the course may become muddy, and have puddles. Plenty of marshals will be located along the course.
The start location:
The start point is near the tennis courts. Meet there before 9 AM.
The course is marshalled so that juniors are in sight of a marshal at all times.
After the run, you can join us and get a drink at the local Café Nero.
Toilets are only available from 0900 inside the YMCA.
Junior parkrun aims to get kids out and into a habit of keeping fit. Each event is organised entirely by local volunteers. They set up the routes, marshal events, clear up and log the results of the day’s event.
The steps to start at Junior parkrun are:
1. Register your child on the parkrun website.
2. Print off a barcode sheet and cut one out to take with you to your local event.
3. Turn up at your local Junior parkrun before the start at 9 AM for the pre-event brief and warm-up. There is no need to register at the event.
4. At 9 am – Start running, walking or jogging the junior parkrun marshalled route when you hear the start signal.
5. When you pass the finish line take a barcode token ( a small card with the parkrun logo and a barcode on it)
6. Find the volunteers that are scanning the barcodes. Hand over the parkrun token you were given and show them your barcode you printed off (this links your name and time together, you keep this barcode)
7. Wait for the email a couple of hours later that tells you your time and position in the Junior parkrun.
8. Repeat next week and try to beat your time.
You can visit any junior parkrun for free.
We hope to see you soon
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
Share this now:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)