Be sure to confirm any opening or start times with the place or event you may be going to. As, due to Coronavirus safety measures and changing restrictions, they may have different times than listed. Stay safe.
If you like this junior parkrun please rate it and leave a review. Is it the best Junior parkrun?
Junior parkrun is a free weekly and timed 2 km run, walk or jog for children from 4 to 14 years of age. Events are held every Sunday at 9 am in a park near you.
The closest long stay (3+ hours) car parks are Dark Lane (TF4 3NZ), Brown Elm and Cherry Pink Multi-Storey.
The course is at the very highly rated Telford Town Park, Telford, Shropshire. It’s a great park with lots to do after your child’s parkrun. It’s a 450-acre area with lots of outdoor activities for children. There is a picnic area, nature trails and an aerial rope course. There are playgrounds including a toddler’s area and sandpit and a lot more that can keep the kids entertained for most of the day. The junior parkrun course is 2000m (2Km) long around the park.
It has been accurately measured by the volunteers with a professional measuring wheel. Plenty of marshals will be located along the course.
The start location:
The Course starts near the amphitheatre Meet there before 9 AM. Runners then start at 9 AM start.
The course is marshalled so that juniors are in sight of a marshal at all times.
After the run, you can get a drink at the Telford Town Park Visitor Centre Café – please feel free to join us!
Toilets are located in the visitor centre at the top of the arena next to the children’s play area.
Junior parkrun aims to get kids out and into a habit of keeping fit. Each event is organised entirely by local volunteers. They set up the routes, marshal events, clear up and log the results from the day’s event.
The steps to start at Junior parkrun are:
1. Register your child on the parkrun website.
2. Print off a barcode sheet and cut one out to take with you to your local event.
3. Turn up at your local Junior parkrun before the start at 9 AM for the pre-event brief and warm-up. There is no need to register at the event.
4. At 9 am – Start running, walking or jogging the junior parkrun marshalled route when you hear the start signal.
5. When you pass the finish line take a barcode token ( a small card with the parkrun logo and a barcode on it)
6. Find the volunteers that are scanning the barcodes. Hand over the parkrun token you were given and show them your barcode you printed off (this links your name and time together, you keep this barcode)
7. Wait for the email a couple of hours later that tells you your time and position in the Junior parkrun.
8. Repeat next week and try to beat your time.
You can visit any junior parkrun for free.
We hope to see you soon
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.